NMHOA Convention 2017
PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND
"NMHOA: Building a brighter future"
Omni Providence Hotel
1 West Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903
Mark Your Calendars!
The National Manufactured Home Owners Association (NMHOA) Board of Directors is pleased to announce that its 2017 Annual Convention will be held on October 4-5 at the Omni Providence Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island.
This is especially good news for those of you on the East Coast. This will be NMHOA’s first convention held in the New England area since 2006. But NMHOA’s annual convention is a good time for home owners from across the country to meet together to learn from each other and outside presenters about the best responses to common issues facing manufactured home owners.
If you have any questions about the convention or would like to help plan it, please do not hesitate to contact Dave at: email@example.com
CONVENTION SCHEDULE & AGENDA
October 4-5, 2017
You can view this year's tentative (nearly finalized) schedule here -- 2017 Convention Agenda.
NMHOA’s annual convention is a time for home owners from across the country to meet together to learn from each other and outside presenters about the best responses to common issues facing manufactured home owners. The 2017 Annual Convention will not disappoint – there will be something for everyone – returning attendees as well as those coming for the first time.
Bookmark this page for continuing updates on convention details.
REGISTRATION & STIPENDS
REGISTER FOR THE CONVENTION
You can download a registration form that includes information about scholarships here -- Registration Form.
NOTE: For those attending from the New England area, you may be able to register for a lesser amount. If you will not be using the hotel stipend, you can register for $30. If you are willing to serve as a volunteer, we may be able to entirely waive the registration fee.
In order to attend and take advantage of travel and lodging stipends, you must be a member of NMHOA. You can learn about membership and download a membership form here -- Membership Information.
TRAVEL & LODGING STIPENDS
- Lodging: Attendees who live more than 50 miles round trip from Providence are covered for overnight lodging, if you share a room with another attendee.
- Ground Transportation: Those traveling more than 50 miles round trip by car can receive 35 cents per mile, up to $150.
- Airfare: Two representatives of each state home owner association can be reimbursed for airfare if they also attend the I’M HOME Conference on October 2-3 and are a recognized I’M HOME Lead Organization.
For attendees who require housing, NMHOA and Prosperty Now (formerly CFED) have reserved a block of rooms at a discounted group rate at the conference headquarters, Omni Providence Hotel, located at 1 West Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island.
Hotel Reservation Deadline is Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
Stay within the official 2017 "I’M HOME and NMHOA" block to receive the discounted room rate of $209 per night (plus applicable taxes) -- you will need to reserve a double room and share with another person to be reimbursed by NMHOA to stay overnight on Wednesday, October 2 -- and receive special amenities including:
- Complimentary in-room high-speed internet access
- Complimentary access to the heated indoor pool and Capital Club Fitness Studio
- Complimentary access to hotel business center
- Check-in time is 3 pm; check-out time is noon
Based on availability, the group rate will be available two days before and after the conference dates. The current state and local taxes are 13% (subject to change).
ONLINE: Book, modify and/or cancel your hotel reservation online.*
*Please use the online link above to secure your hotel reservation. If you book online directly with the hotel, you will not receive the discounted group rate.
A credit card will be needed at check-in for incidentals. All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room and tax deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. You may cancel your reservation at no charge up to seventy-two (72) hours prior to scheduled arrival date. If you cancel within seventy-two (72) hours prior to scheduled arrival date, you may be charged one night’s room and tax. In the event of a no-show or unscheduled early departure, one night’s room and tax will be charged and the reservation will be canceled.
Note: All hotel bookings need to be handled using the link above. Cancellations and modifications should be handled directly with the Omni Providence Hotel. NMHOA is not responsible for reserving or modifying attendee room reservations.
PARKING AT THE OMNI PROVIDENCE HOTEL
- Hotel Valet Parking: I'M HOME Conference discounted rate of $18 plus tax per vehicle, per night.
- Rhode Island Convention Center (connected to the Omni) Self-Parking (per night): $20 plus tax per vehicle, per night (subject to change)
- Printable Parking Map
TRAVEL TO PROVIDENCE
We recommend that attendees fly into T.F. Green Airport. The Omni Providence Hotel is located approximately ten miles (15 - 20 minute drive) from T.F. Green Airport and is easily accessible by taxi, rental car or commercial shuttle service.
T.F. Green Airport (PVD):
- Located 10 miles from Omni Providence Hotel, T.F. Green Airport was ranked as the third-best airport in the US in Conde Nast's 2015 Readers' Choice Awards and is the top-rated airport in New England. The airport handles over 3.5 million travelers annually and is serviced by 11 domestic and international airlines.
Transportation options to Hotel:
Logan International Airport (Boston, Massachusetts) is 50 miles from the Omni Providence Hotel.
Amtrak: Amtrak, a nationwide rail service, provides convenient and affordable passenger rail service to Providence. The Omni Providence Hotel is a 10-minute walk from Providence Amtrak Station. For more information on Amtrak service, please refer to the Amtrak website. See the Discounts Page for special discounts on Amtrak.
The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) runs low-cost commuter trains to Providence from Boston and other points in Massachusetts. Visit MBTA.comfor schedules and fares.
Downtown Providence is conveniently located off of Interstate 95.
- Click here for driving directions
- Not coming from one of the above locations? Click here for directions from wherever you are!
TRAVEL AROUND PROVIDENCE
Providence is a uniquely walkable city. Dozens of restaurants and attractions are within walking distance to many of the area hotels. If you find yourself in need of additional transportation assistance, please check out these helpful resources.
- For a printed map of parking lots and street closures, click here.
- For a complete listing of available parking and other tips to navigating the city, click here.
Taxis: Travel within the downtown area by hailing a cab! If you do take a taxi, make sure you aren't paying more than $2.50 per mile, as that is the standard rate.
Uber: Uber is available in Providence and a driver can pick you up with just a click on their app!
LINK Trolleys: The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) offers a low-cost bus service throughout Rhode Island. Visitors to Providence can access the city's Downtown, Federal Hill and East Side neighborhoods through RIPTA's Providence LINK Trolley. LINK Trolleys run on CNG (compressed natural gas), a clean fuel, and offer two routes to Providence's restaurants, hotels, theaters, universities, historic sites, shopping and more. The cost is $2 per person, per ride or $6 for a one-day pass. For specific routes and more information, visit www.RIPTA.com.