Update from NMHOA's 2022 Annual Meeting
Thank you to everyone who contributed to a great 2022 Annual Meeting! We met virtually on November 12 with more than 50 manufactured home owners joining us from around the country; making this our third year holding the meetings online. The meeting included reports and presentations from several speakers, including:
- Federal policy with Andrew Dunn, Legislative Assistant, U.S. Representative Suzanne Bonamici (D-OR01) and Yonathan Teclu, Legislative Assistant, U.S. Representative Ilhan Omar (D-MN05)
- "Home Owners Under Assault: State Legislative Victories" with Bruce Stanton (General Counsel, Golden State Manufactured – Home Owners League), Michael Peirce (President, Colorado Coalition of Manufactured Home Owners), William Kinnick (former President, Delaware Manufactured Home Owners Association), Anne Sadler (President, Association of Manufactured Home Owners), and Dave Anderson (Executive Director, All Parks Alliance for Change).
- "The HUD Code and the new Energy Efficiency Standards" with John Cymbalsky, Acting Director, Building Technologies – U.S. Department of Energy
If you wish to review information from this event, the agenda is HERE and the presentation slides are HERE.
We also held board elections. NMHOA is governed by a 17-member board of directors, which is elected for two-year terms. Half of the positions are elected in even-numbered years. Here are the results of this year's elections:
- President – Gary Miller (Delaware)
- Secretary – Pat McHugh (Nevada Association of Manufactured Home Owners)
- Midwest Region Vice President – Trevor Nelson (All Parks Alliance for Change)
- South East Region Vice President – Russell Watson (Florida)
- At Large Members – Mark Manendo (Nevada Association of Manufactured Home Owners), Michael Peirce (Colorado Coalition of Manufactured Home Owners), Anne Sadler (Association of Manufactured Home Owners), and Tim Sheahan (Golden State Manufactured – Home Owners League)